Thursday, December 09, 2004

Callback!!! YEAH!!! I got a callback for that "DirecTV" spot I went in for last week. At the audition I was portraying someone on an exercise bike. I did a "California Lottery" commercial where I was on an exercise bike a several years ago and it was quite embarrassing. My cardio was not up to par; I was so winded it wasn't funny. I think I am in much better shape these days, hopefully I'll get a chance to prove it on-set.The callback went great.....I think. I couldn't understand a thing the director said. He had a really strong accent, I think it was french. At any rate I felt really great about it.A couple of weeks ago someone inquired about a manager I had for a short time years ago in New York. The actor was meeting with her and wanted to know what my experience was with her. I was honest and, in short, felt that she didn't help me too much, but I saw her help others. I felt she was signing me in order to get to my friend whom she "really" wanted to rep. She thought that I was the "brains of the duo" and if I signed he would sign. She was wrong about that; he didn't need me to make his decisions. Anyway, when this actor met with her she asked him to have me call her to catch up. So I called her and left a message and she called me back. It was the same as it was years ago when I was repped by her. She didn't want to know what I was up to, she just wanted to hear was my friend from way back then was up to. It's funny to think about it now. I remember back when I requested for a release from the contract I had with her, I heard through the grapevine that she said I would never work in New York. How wrong she was. Tonight I saw "Hotel Rwanda" again. This time lead actor Don Cheadle was there for a Q&A. He is completely amazing to me. This film is incredibly touching. It's hard to believe that stuff like this still goes on in our world......then again it isn't so hard to believe. This is a story that director Terry George had been trying get produced for 5+ years. I, for one, am glad he got it finished. Don shared a lot of things with us about his journey and also about the power of turning down projects that he doesn't want to do. I must admit that it's hard knowing how close I was to working with him in "Ocean's Twelve". The scene that I was cast in would have been with him and Elliot Gould. I'll get to work with him another time and another place.

No comments: