Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Audition "IBM" @ TLC/Loree Booth Casting. Yes, this went really well and I think I'm perfect for it. This office doesn't usually do callbacks, so hopefully I'll get an avail.

Today is my first day as a reader for "Easier, Softer Way". This is the directorial debut of "ER" star Mekhi Phifer. Of course, the casting director is Dori Zuckerman.

When I walked in and introduced myself to Mekhi Phifer as the reader he immediately felt like we'd met before. I refreshed his memory and told him that we had done a scene together in New York in the feature "Hell's Kitchen". He was like "Oh sh*t, that was when I was still living in New York!!" I worked with him on "ER" as well. I also met the writer Ronnie Warner and producer Bill Baker.

I have to tell you, we laughed our a**es off today, non-stop. I was reading 18 different roles and had a complete blast. I read with plenty of actors I recognized from TV and Film and even a few I knew personally.

Additionally, I got to sit in on a meeting today too. This was a known actress that doesn't have to actually audition for every project, but was willing to meet with Mekhi. It was cool to be in the room when that went down. Mekhi, Ronnie and Bill seemed to really like her and she seemed very interested in doing the project. It'll be interesting to see if the deal can be made and she actually does the project.

No comments: