Friday, July 22, 2005

Audition/Producers “Just Legal” @ UDK Casting. Imagine that!! I was just telling a friend that I haven’t had an audition at UDK for three years. THREE YEARS!!! I still drop-off there, but I rarely get in. Matter of fact, I dropped there two days ago, but for a different project. I think the last time I auditioned there was when I worked on “CSI”.

Anyway, the read went well and it was great to see casting director Robert Ulrich whom I know through my friend William Gregory Lee. Maybe this will help me get back on the map at this office. No matter what, I will keep dropping off my photos.

After doing some early drops this morning I was looking forward to going home to chill, but my commercial agent called with an appointment for this afternoon. It was straight to callbacks for a “FedEx” national spot @ Mimi Webb-Miller Casting. YES!! This one goes well…sorta. I mean the read was good, but I had an issue with the session runner.

I like to think I’m a nice, understanding guy, but I don’t like to be disrespected for no reason. I could see that the young lady running the session was really busy so I tried to stay out of the way and have all my stuff ready. It just seemed like everything she said to me specifically was rude and nasty. Again, I understood that she was really busy. Well, the third time I’d had it and I told her that she was very rude to me numerous times for no reason. We kinda got into a bit and she apologized….I didn’t. I had no reason too.

I work as a session runner too and I know how busy it can get, but I do my best to treat people with respect. Maybe she was doing her best, I don’t know. Sometimes, people just need a reality check and I think we both got one. After a while, I got her attention and sincerely apologized. I didn’t want her to think I was a prick that just didn’t care about her because I’m sure she’s a wonderful young lady. I told her I understood that she was under a bit of pressure and that I was sorry. She accepted and even gave me a big hug! That, in itself, made the whole thing worth it! I’m kidding. All in all it was good experience with a little bump in the road. We all make mistakes, the important thing is what we do about them. We both will be able to rest easy tonight because we did the right thing and said we were sorry.

No news on the print job for Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess I’m still on hold, at least I hope so.

Cool! I get my call time for Monday on “Easier, Softer Way”. We are shooting in downtown LA.

No comments: