Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Just as I'm getting all my stuff together to do some drop-offs my agents calls with an audition this afternoon for "Joey" @ Valko/Miller Casting. Cool, I'm glad I was still close to home so I could change clothes before going to it.

The only problem is that I have a commercial audition at the same time. I'll try to get in on that early then go to the other side of the hill for "Joey".

Audition: "Sears" @ Ross Lacy Casting. This one is really, really fun. I'm not sure if that means it went well, since I don't know what they are looking for, but it was definitely fun.

Audition: "Joey" @ Valko/Miller Casting. I went in for one of their shows 3 times last year and was called back each time, but didn't book. It's time to score again.

I was reading with the associate, Peter Pappas, with owner Nikki Valko observing. When Peter started the scene I was like a "deer in headlights". Why? Because I was given the wrong material and the wrong character. Ooops. I got the right sides and left to prepare.

Okay, back in the room and ready to do it. The first read goes well, they redirect me and it goes even better. They give me a callback on the spot for 2 hours later @ Warner Bros.

I get word that I'm on avail and have a callback for the "Vodafone" commercial I went in on last week.

Callback: "Joey" @ Valko/Miller Casting. As expected, Kevin Bright was in the room at the callback. I read it once, got direction and read it again. Regardless of what happens, I felt great about my performance. Kevin directed the episode of "Friends" I did back in '99.

While at the audition I spoke to Collin Daniel & Brett Greenstein. Colin is the one who brought me in for “Frasier” several years ago. They informed me that they are the new Casting Directors on “Joey” starting with the next episode.

No comments: