Monday, April 10, 2006

2nd Callback: “Sprint” @ Ross Lacy Casting. Not only is it great to make it to the next round, but I’ll get paid for the 2nd callback (3rd audition) and it pays for the ski trip and more! Funny how things work out.

If you’re curious about the rates:

· 1st and 2nd Auditions: No payment is due for the first hour from the call time or arrival time, whichever is later. For each additional ½ hour, a performer is entitled to $33.45.

·3rd Audition: A performer is entitled to $133.75 for the first 2 hours. For each additional ½ hour, $33.45 is due.

·4th Audition & thereafter: A performer is entitled to $267.50 for the first 4 hours. For each additional ½ hour, $33.40 is due.

The 2nd callback went well I felt. There were only 6 actors there for 3 or maybe 4 roles. I was the only African-American; there was at least one other African-American actor at the 1st callback. According to the copy, the 4th role was a man then changed to a woman, but they kinda had me doing it. I hope they didn’t think I was “woman-like” because I’m kinda small framed, LOL! Trust me, I am all male.

There was only one actor there for the role of the “Guy 1/Boss” so I’m thinking that he may be as good as cast…maybe. They did a bit of mixing and matching for the other roles. At the 1st audition I was “Guy 2”. At the 1st callback I did all of them “Guy 1/Boss”, “Guys 2 and 3” and here at the 2nd callback I was doing “Guy 4/Woman/Guy 4”. Go figure. Had they already cast the woman or is it really going to be a man? Who knows.

It was interesting to see the different approaches that actors’ take, because when I was in they rotated in two of the other actors and the spot had a completely different tone than with the other two actors. It was also interesting to be aware that I was being watched on monitors by the rest of the creative team in the next room.

So that was it. I did what I had to do and felt great about what I left in the room. When I was signing out me and the other actors were joking about who they would cast. I joked that I was the only Black guy there and that could be really good, really irrelevant or maybe I was fulfilling some quota. Just kidding, I doubt that. So I guess at this point I’ve done all I can do and I’ll either get a booking or a release.

No comments: