Monday, May 22, 2006

I’m really tired; really, really tired, but the show must go on. At least until I leave town. I went a MX race over the weekend and I am paying the price for spending all that time out in the rain and driving. My much needed, annual break from Hollywood is approaching; I can smell it.

Print go-see: “Traveler’s Insurance” @ Yvonne Armstrong Casting. This went well.

After my go-see I went to the dentist because I don’t think the surgery in my mouth is healing correctly. So I reluctantly get in the chair and she takes a look. Sure enough I have a rather large blood clot forming. SH*T! She informs me that she has to drain it; which means that ******* needle is going into the roof of my mouth again.

THE NEEDLE:

I can’t stand this beeyotch! I call her “Nadine”; “Nadine the needle”. She is a necessary evil, but I give her “da finga” every chance I get. She is one mean mutha. I really need to work on my relationship with Nadine, because in reality she makes my life a lot easier by taking away some of the real pain. Just thinking about her makes my eyes water. Part of the problem is that I am such the thinker and I know that when the dentist is talking to me right before Nadine settles into my gums she, the dentist, is really just trying to take my mind off of what is really happening. I need to not out think the system and just relax. I’ve come up with a way to take my mind off of what is happening. I count on my fingers and toes; counter-counter clock-wise and then clock-wise. Usually it takes a bit of concentration and I can get through the pain.

Here we go. I see “Nadine the Needle” and look her dead in her eyes. She throws an especially sinister look back at me. I say “WHAT WHAT! DO SOMETHING TRICK!” She just laughed and said “Ima bust yo ass punk”. I say, “Whatever, here’s an Altoid”. I think that last comment was a mistake because Nadine laid into me with all of her fury. Counting on my fingers and toes was the last thing on my mind; it was all about survival. First, both of my hands balled up into fists and my toes curled up like I was having......well......my toes curled up. Then my eyes started watering. My body was so tense it wasn’t funny. Nadine came out of my mouth and said “NOW WHAT?! SAY SOMETHING!” I couldn’t even speak; I had lock-jaw. After a moment my body started to relax.

So they drain the blood clot and stitched me up AGAIN and send me on my way with another prescription of Motrin aka “Mo”. I leave with a huge piece of gauze that I had to leave in my mouth for 30 minutes. Ugh, this sucks. From there I had an appointment with the podiatrist to pick-up my inserts for my flat feet. The funny part was that I had to sit in the car and wait before going in because I couldn’t talk. Why? Because I had a FREAKIN TAMPON in my mouth. Oops; I mean a huge piece of gauze. The trip to the podiatrist was much more pleasant. I got my custom inserts and, get this, they even have my name engraved in them. I wonder if SAG is paying extra for that. All I know that they didn’t ask me for any money and my parking meter was again broken so it didn’t cost me anything. I was in and out in 7 minutes.

A couple of hours later Casting Director Corbin Bronson from CFB Casting called me on my cell phone to bring me in for a producer session tomorrow for “Monk”. Cool. I did a general drop for the show about 2-3 weeks ago at the studio. Yup, drops-off do work.

No comments: