Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shooting: “Monk” on location in the Hancock Park area of LA. Today was my first of two days on the show. Can I say that I really enjoy working? I mean really, it’s a lot of fun and I look forward too much more of it in the future…and it pays the bills.

Arriving at basecamp was typical: Sign-in, taken to trailer, packet of paper work/contract, wardrobe/make-up. Then hurry up and wait. During the wait my scene partner Craig Patton came over and we ran dialogue and just kicked for a bit. A short 30 minutes later a van came to take us to the actual set which was a mutli-million dollar home in a nearby neighborhood. I wanna live in this neighborhood one day; it’s beautiful.

My character is a man that works for the local gas company. Part of my prop was a tool belt that I swear weighed as much as I did! That thing was heavy around my waist for take after take, but I gave me an authentic feel of the character.

Ironically enough one of the first people I saw was Jennifer Dunn; I’ve worked with her on several TV and commercial projects in the past. It’s always great to see familiar faces. While I was being wired for sound I saw someone walking in my direction; actually coming straight at me. I knew it was series star Tony Shalhoub, but I couldn’t figure out why he would be heading towards me. Maybe he was heading past me to the DP. Nope; he came straight to me with an outstretched hand of thanks. Yeah, he thanked me for doing the show. I guess he saw me on the tape from the producers session; he is a producer on the show afterall. Tony seems to be a very nice man.

After a couple of false starts I was up for rehearsal for the wide shot. One walk-thru and two takes and we heard “Check the gate!” Next up was the medium shot which was also done in a couple of takes. After another camera move we did 2-3 more shots and were done for the night.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephon, I'm so excited you're going to be on Monk! It's one of my favorite shows! Tony Shalhoub is my hero! He helps people understand me and my fellow OCD-ers. God bless him (and you, too - you're such an inspiration).

Hi5, man. You rock!

Anonymous said...

Stephon,
Been reading your blog on and off for over a year now. You seem to be a genuine guy...I was under the impression Hollywood was made of plastic action figures. You done good, kid. Keep up the fire!

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey monklike and anonymous, Thanks for the kind words; I really appreciate it. Yeah, I'm trying to do better everyday; in the business and out. There are many genuine people here in Hollywood; you might be surprised. Take care!

Stephon

Tasia Sherel said...

Much congrats Stephon, your journey is very inspirational. Tasia

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Tasia, Thanks.

You are a woman of many titles yourself. Congrats on the EHC pick-up. Did it change nights? If so, is that a good thing?

Stephon

Charlene said...

Congrats! Just stumbled upon your blog through google, as I'll be going to an agent extravaganza tomorrow where Schiowitz, Conner, Ankrum, & Wolf will be. Looking forward to reading your past entries. My acting journey is only at the beginnings...

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Charlene, thanks for checking in; I hope your agent session went well.

Stephon