Thursday, June 01, 2006

Shooting: “Monk” on location in the Hancock Park section of Los Angeles. Today is my second and final day on the show. Again I arrive at basecamp and the usual “hurry and wait” thing was nowhere to be found. I barely had time to get into wardrobe and make-up before the van was ready to take us to set. No complaints; I’m just used to sitting around passing lots of time on set. So anyway, my scene partner, Craig Patton, and I were surprised with all the coverage they were doing on us. I’m sure it’ll be a flash when it airs, or “if” it even makes the final cut, but one can hope. The house we were shooting in was amazing; not really, really huge but beautiful…and with a nice sized yard. Between shots Craig and I got a chance to chat with the director, Mike Listo, who has been working non-stop for months straight producing and directing television. Mike is also a producer/director on “Boston Legal”. Matter-of-fact he noticed on Craig’s resume at the audition that he had worked on “Boston Legal”. So I guess it’s true that they do read resumes; at least in some cases. After 4 or 5 hours we were wrapped and done for the night. This was another great work experience and I am thrilled that I finally booked “Monk” on my 6th attempt. I guess that means NEXT! Me and my scene partner Craig Patton working on set on "Monk"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephon,
Good to hear you're doing good. Hope your home hunting is a success (You are a success, therefore, the home hunting should be as well).

BTW, that tool belt looks kinda heavy.....haha.....no? My bad.

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey thanks! I'm still looking for a condo, but I don't plan on it happening really soon. I've got some other things on my plates to handle that will put me in a better position to do it. Plus, I think the housing market is going to be changing in the near future.

And yes that tool belt was heavy! Take care.

Stephon