Friday, June 02, 2006

...hmm...what to do...what to do? Here is my dilemma. I know Debra Zane is casting "Ocean's Thirteen" and of course, I'd like to audition. I have great reason to believe Debra & Tannis will call me in if I'm right for anything, but I'm a hustler at heart, so hustle I must.

Part of my dilemma is that I'm leaving town soon and would hate to possibly miss the call......if they call me at all. So maybe I'm sorta nudging things a bit…at least in my mind. Debra cast me in "The Terminal" and "Ocean's Twelve", but my scene in "O12" was cut before I got a chance to shoot it; so I'm back with a vengeance. Maybe Mr. Soderbergh will give me another shot.

....what to do...what to do...

Well, this wouldn't hurt. My newest agent, Caleigh, isn't aware of my relationship with Debra & Tannis. This would be a perfect time to fill her in.

I didn’t call to ask her to "put in a call". Matter of fact I didn't want her to; I really just wanted to bring her up to speed and complete the equation of what my connection was with this particular casting office.

The conversation with Caleigh went great as I filled her in with the details. I mean it's not a big deal, but it's more significant than the relationship I have with most casting offices in town. She agreed to not call on my behalf, but we’d give it time and then figure out what the next step would be.

tick tick tick tick - time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future.

After talking to her and hearing her enthusiasm for making it happen I didn't want her to "not" call the casting office if she thought that was the best way to go about it; she is the agent afterall. I also didn't want her to call to "pitch me" per se because, I don't know, it would be just weird because I know them so well. At that point I said "there you have it; do whatever you think will work". She said "okay, I'll call and let you know what comes of it, if anything. I said, "Cool, sounds great."

A couple of hours later she e-mailed me back with an update; which was great, funny news. Not an appointment, but great, funny news nonetheless. So there isn't much more I can do at this point, we'll see what happens...or not.

No comments: