Friday, December 15, 2006

Audition: “Verizon” @ Cathi Carlton Casting. This went OK; it should have been so simple, but I just couldn’t smooth it out for some reason. I hope to get a callback – I think I am really right for it; so we’ll see.

The official booking came through for “Brothers & Sisters”; I work on Monday @ Disney Studios. It’ll be my first time working at Disney. Yes!!!

It’s cool watching how the script is changing through rewrites. I auditioned with the sides my agents sent; after I booked I was sent new material and then sent an even newer version after that. They even completely changed which lead character I interact with in the scene.

I called one of my other agents this afternoon to tell her what the casting associate said about how my resume credits were listed. She was thrilled that the associate said it was “a great strategy”. We talked about it for a while understanding that every casting professional may not be supportive of the resume style. I have to say it’s really cool to be able to pick up the phone or walk-in and communicate with my representatives.

I was talking to a client during a consultation about how and when I stop by or call my agents. She asked me how I handle it; I responded “I just handle it”; I don’t tip-toe or beat around the bush about it. If I need or want to stop by, I do it. That’s they way it’s always been for me and I’ve never had a problem with it. Actually, it’s all they know from me; so it’s normal that they see me on a regular basis. I also know when it’s not a good time and I respect that they are handling careers – mine included. If they don’t have time to talk I don’t take it personal.

As of 6:30 this evening/Friday I am still on avail for the “Budweiser” commercial.

No comments: