Thursday, December 14, 2006

YES! Just before noon this morning my agent called to inform me that I’m on “Watch and Advise” for yesterday’s audition for “Brothers & Sisters”. He said it looks good and that they just needed to get their schedule set before they could officially book. I should hear something this evening or tomorrow. I guess I should go pay those SAG dues. I don’t normally pay my dues before I go home for the Holidays are when I go home in the Summer. Actually, what I do is hope I “have” to pay them before I leave – that’s mean I booked a job.

YES AGAIN!! I honestly thought they had moved on with this spot and “went another way”, but my agent called to inform me that they put me on avail for the “Budweiser” commercial @ Francene Selkirk for Tuesday – Thursday of next week. Alright!

I did a workshop with several casting associates tonight. My scene went really well; my partner was an actress I’ve been consulting for a good while. Afterwards, one of the casting associates asked about how my credits were listed on my resume. I knew this would eventually come up. On my resume I only list the project and the director in most cases – very little billing. Most actors don’t list their credits this way, but it’s part of a strategy to help me move to the next level.

I feel comfortable doing it because I have two recurring credits on big network shows. If I didn’t have those two particular credits it would look as though I’d only done co-star roles and was trying to trick them. What I am trying to do is to help casting directors/associates/assistants think of me as more than just an actor who does co-star roles. After I explained my strategy to the associate she said it’s a pretty good strategy. I couldn’t do it without those two recurring credits. Of course others may not agree with it, but at the moment this is how I’m doing it.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and i'm crossing my fingers for your Bros&Sis's and the Budweiser commercial!! What a lovely early Christmas present! :)

Stephon Fuller said...

Thank you so much Michele!