Friday, December 08, 2006

Callback: “Priceline” @ Francene Selkirk Casting. Yes! This goes really well. Not much more I can do. Afterwards the casting office called and added an extra date to the shoot window. They didn’t put me on avail, but they informed me of the extra date.

This is too funny. Remember that manager I mentioned the other day that asked me to leave his seminar? Well some people in attendance told me he went on and on about me after I left until it became uncomfortable for the actors there. I’m glad I had more respect for them to not make it about me or something other than what they went there for.

They reported that he thinks I take notes from him and sell it to other actors. Let me say this; and with all due respect to him. If I was taking notes about what he says and even attempting to sell it to other actors there is no way I would be a consultant on the business of the acting business. I’m not saying that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I’m just saying that the one dimensional, safe, inside the box type thinking is not something I would think of selling to other actors. He is in no way, shape or form my role model of how to navigate this business – or my manager.

So, with that being said; I think this all may be just a…….misunderstanding.

On to better, more interesting things. I got a call today from the production of “Monk”; they needed to schedule me for ADR for my episode. This was great news because I didn’t know if it aired or not. He explained that their 16 episode season was to air 8 in the Fall and 8 in the Winter. In the first group they shot 9 and aired 8; mine was the one they didn’t air. He said it will air with the second set of 8 episodes starting in January. Cool. I go in to record Monday morning; that’s another paycheck too I think.
http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it, Stephon. I noticed that they didn't air your episode this fall, because I was watching for it.

Stephon Fuller said...

Cool, I guess it'll be Jan or Feb.