Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today is my 9 year anniversary of moving to Los Angeles. Geez, where does the time go?

I have to say that I'm really proud of my accomplishments. I truly feel that I have something to show for these past 9 years. No, everything isn't perfect, but I'm moving in the right direction and poised for a breakthrough.

It's been almost a decade of pursuing this dream in the Superbowl of my chosen profession - Hollywood. This is the biggest of the big leagues. I beam when I think back of getting the news of going to Spain and Japan; of booking my first TV job and first studio film, my first residual check, qualifying for insurance, performing in my first play at The Kennedy Center in Washington, DC…. I may not be a starter in the big game, but I've definitely played in the big game - numerous times.

I've learned a lot and I've given back a lot - that's something I learned from my mother.

This career can really take a toll on the body, mind, spirit, soul, car, etc. The constant hustle has been a test for me because I don't think of myself as this super resilient human being. BUT - As they say, "the proof is in the putting" and I have definitely been "putting" in the work. In my years in LA and NY I've seen many come and go and I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who "have had it" and decide to shift gears and truly move on with their lives in another direction.

On the whole I'm excited about the future, but I have a lot of work to do; both in the business and out. 9 years in LA? What the heck was I thinking? …I wasn’t thinking – I just did it…

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: