Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another anniversary? Yup! 14 years ago today I attended my first acting class in Virginia Beach, VA. Who would of thought? Well, it’s not that much of a stretch to think I’d still be pursuing my career after all this time, but the reality of it trips me out from time to time.

Wow, 30+ plus commercials, 40+ TV episodics, several films, 2 international trips for work, 1,000’s of drop-offs, a couple of voiceovers, a couple of print jobs and not one single booking on a daytime soap opera later I am still here standing tall.

It's been some kind of ride to say the least and I think there is a lot of great stuff ahead for me. That doesn't mean things are perfect; trust me they aren't, but I'm much more happy than sad. I have a tremendous amount of potential to carry me through.

The thing that really trips me out is that I’ve truly made my own way at most every turn in my pursuit. I didn’t have anyone to turn to for advice and I think that was one of the best things that happened early on. Well, that’s not totally true. I did have people to turn to, but I couldn’t figure out why I should trust their judgment for my future because they weren’t doing what I wanted to do.

What I did do was a lot of listening; I didn’t ask many questions, but I listened to everything. I learned more about what didn’t make sense for me to do than what to do. Being a “Logically/Zen” thinker that is curious about how things works is what has served me the best. So here’s to the last QTR on ’07 and beyond!

On to other things; a couple of weeks ago I was interviewed for the Everything Acting Podcast. This is a really cool resource for actors at many different levels. I wanted to be familiar with the program before the interview so over the past 3 weeks I listened to every one of the previous episodes – like 54 of them. I guess that’s research huh?

It’s funny how nervous I still get when doing things like this, but I think I did okay – at least I hope so. I don’t know when mine will air, but I’ll post it when I find out.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, I just caught up back from the middle of August; you've been busy! Congrats on the "Bones" booking. I really love hearing your stories about all of your auditions and jobs, it's such an inspiration. Thanks so much!

And hey, you live in Miracle Mile, me too : )

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Stephanie, thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

Good luck to you too.

Stephon