Thursday, September 20, 2007

Audition/Tape/Producers: "The Unit" @ Bialy/Thomas Casting. I really want to be on this show! Preferably as a soldier rolling around in the dirt. I don't know what it is about dirt, but I love being dirty, sweaty and just actually doing stuff in 3-D. Growing up I was definitely not a "house cat" playing Atari/Combat or laying on the couch; I was an "outside cat" building something, jumping something or breaking something.

I remember when I was about 4 years old in the field picking strawberries with my family and my mom had just dusted most of the dirt off of me. I went straight back to the field, gathered a fresh bag of dirt and promptly poured it over my head. I still remember how it felt – it was cool feeling. At that moment my mom knew that "there was something about Stephon....well Bryan".

Anyway, Sharon Bialy, who is a really nice lady, had me read the scene 3 times and I think I gave her what she wanted. I'm going to get on this show one day! She told me that she called me in from the drop-off I recently did.

Okay, now it's off to be a reader for "The Mall" at Dori Zuckerman Casting. Since it's a musical I'll be reading with triple threats - actor/singers/dancers - male and female. I'm really looking forward to this.

7 hours straight later.

Wow, what a long day. Always interesting, never dull and quite enlightening into the process of how films are made.

One of the more surprising things was that only one or two actors didn't have a headshot and resume. Most of them were stapled too - go figure.

Being a true triple threat is no joke - and rare to be honest; especially when you are competing with New York actors. I saw a lot of actors that also sing and move well, but that's different than a true triple threat. Some of the New York choices I saw on tape completely blew me away, but I also some super talented LA-based challengers.

There is always, always, always a fine example of what not to do in an audition. I'll keep the story to myself, but trust me it will be retold. The funny thing is that the actor wasn't bad, but the little stunt he/she pulled definitely showed that he/she was...odd.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: