Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Callback: "Cold Case" @ Shaner/Testa Casting. This is interesting and I'm loving that these things are happening more often.

I auditioned for “Cold Case” just last week. To recap - I read for the guest lead and it went well, but the CD, Michael Testa, felt I was too young. Ironically, I thought I was perfect for it – shows what I know. So he gave me another role in the episode to read, a smaller guest-star. This character was 44! So I went outside and prepared and returned to read. I felt that went well too, but as the days passed it became clear that I wasn’t going to producers. No problem, I left good stuff in the room and hopefully they'll bring me back for another role in the future.

CUT TO: YESTERDAY – DAY

My Rockstar agent, Caleigh, calls with the news that “Cold Case” wants to bring me back in for, get this, the 23 year old version in 1986 of the same character that was 43! YEAH! This is good news because it is showing me how people are seeing me as far as age range goes. After all, “how we are seen” is more important than “how we see ourselves”.

This role is smaller than the guest star and listed as co-star, but still a nice, important scene in the episode. So, my Rockstar agent, Caleigh, pushes for that since I originally came in for guest-starring roles can this co-star be made a guest-star as well, if I were to book it. There was some discussion about my quote and the answer was “yes”. I’ve always said that there is a gray area as far as billing goes and compensation goes.

So I printed the sides and literally slept with them last night – seriously. I actually woke up in the middle of the night and read them a couple of times with the light of my cell phone.

Anyway, that wasn’t even what I was talking about when referring to what has been happening more and more. What I mean is getting in the position that casting has me on their mind even when I’m not in front of them. One of my goals has always been to “get in their mouth” and this is proof that it’s happening.

So the read, on tape, went really well. I got one re-direct and handled it and that was that. The tape is going directly to the set since this episode is already shooting so a decision will probably be made today or tomorrow. Either way, I left some good stuff in the room.

Audition/Producers: "Oreska" @ Dori Zuckerman Casting. OMG! This was bound to happen. Yup, I took a dump in the room. Man did I suck - like really bad. It’s not the first time, just the first time in a while; especially coming off so many really good auditions. I just didn't connect with the character, but I didn't know it until after it was over. It’s funny because I always feel a little weird when I audition for someone that I work as a reader for. I’ve gotten several roles that way, but they have been smaller roles that I never actually read for. Either way, I was terrible. I talked to my agent about it and she was really supportive. Honestly, I didn’t beat myself up too much over it. I learned something about the type of stuff I connect to – I’m not sure what I learned, but something. It’s all good.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: