Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Audition: “Boston Legal” @ Valko/Miller Casting. This is a small, recurring role a clerk of the court. I’ve read for this office many times over they years, but haven’t booked since the first time I read for them for “Ally McBeal” – a long time ago. But they keep bringing me back and that is a good thing.

I was ready and the read went well. Ken Miller the CD gave me some direction and I took it; he asked me to come back for the producers/director later in the afternoon. He re-iterated that this role will, most likely, appear throughout the season.

Since I didn’t have anything else going on I hung out down in Manhattan Beach for a couple of hours until the producer session. The producer session went just okay I felt. I mean, it wasn’t bad; it’s just that I like to get right to work when I enter the room. After 9 years in Los Angeles I’ve worked with many of these producers/directors/writers in the past. So when you enter the room you don’t know if they remember you or not; so I was trying to concentrate on the work, but not be rude at the same time since everyone was being introduced to me.
Sure enough, the director I worked with on “Monk” was in the room. So in a split second my mind wondered if I should acknowledge him or treat him as just another face in the crowd. No worries, it just stayed in my head for a split second. So, we’ll see what happens. Ken Miller and Nikki Valko are great people to have in your corner and I’ll book for them again soon. I really want to be on “Boston Legal”.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html

No comments: