Wednesday, January 09, 2008

ADR: “WaMu”. This is a good sign. It means I’m still in the running. I only had 3 words TOTAL in two commercials, LOL! Who knows, maybe they are changing or adding dialogue.

In the past I’ve spoken about the “anatomy of a booking”. In my opinion, an official booking is about 91.07544% of the way. Just because you book a job doesn’t mean you’ll actually get to shoot it and just because you shoot it doesn’t mean you’ll be in the final edit. Or you may be in the final edit, but it may not ever run.

Anyway, I estimate that doing ADR brings me a couple of percentage points closer to the brass ring for the lack of a better term. So I’ll say that I’m 96.54% of the way now. I have a good feeling about this particular one, but I’ve been in the game long enough to know that “you don’t know, ‘till you know”. I’ve been pretty fortunate thus far, but I’ve definitely had a few things fall through along the way. I look at it as earning my stripes; the more jobs I book the more likely I am to experience the full spectrum of scenarios out there. The session ADR session went well. I'm getting pretty good with doing it these days; or maybe I'm just getting lucky. I saw several people from the ad agency that were at the shoot. It's always so hard to remember everyone from the client and agency because there is so much going on. It was great to see them and they seemed to be very happy with my work. I recorded a couple of tags and such and I was finished. I actually got to see the finished spot and it's pretty funny.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: