Thursday, January 10, 2008

Picketing: @ Disney Studios. Today the United Airlines pilots and flight attendants joined us on the picket lines – or should I say I joined them since they were there first. It was great to see them out there in solidarity with us. Nice people too. I had a great conversation with Roberto, a pilot for 20+ years with UA. I was fascinated with him sharing some of his experiences a pilot; especially landing a plane on auto pilot. That just blows my mind.

Anyway, it was great to be out there for the cause. I went to a meeting last night at SAG and, like normal; there were relatively few actors in attendance. I mean there are 50-60,000 SAG actors in this market and less than 200 showed up last night. I always learn something new and I’m able to pass it on to other actors that aren’t as informed.

I’m glad I took an interest in the inner workings of the guild from the very beginning of my career. I think it helped shape my focus in truly looking at this as the career it is for me. I need to know about the contracts, pension & health, medical, the future, etc. I don’t have a corporate job with a 401K retirement account so I need to look out for my future now, while I can. Getting my 10th pension credit last year was a great start – now I just need to increase my earnings on my way to the next milestone of 20th pension credits.

I didn’t hear anything about either of the commercials today so they may have moved on without me – or maybe not. No matter, I accomplished what I wanted which was to “show well”.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the commercials. And it's good to see that other unions are supporting the entertainment industry.

Devon
Ink in My Coffee