Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Whew! I made it through the SAG Foundation LifeRaft panel titled “When Actors Decide to Quit Their Day Jobs!” I was on the panel with friend/fellow actor Nicole J. Butler. I think it went well. I was pretty nervous in the beginning, but after a while I got settled and had fun. It felt great to share some of my experiences…I say “some”, because, in reality, I have a tremendous amount of interesting things to share about my journey as a performer. It would take hours to share all of the details of my experiences.

I was asked some specific questions about certain things I do and have done over the years. I answered them the best I could, but some of those questions things forced me to actually think about how I do them. My methods are so deeply engrained that I rarely have to think about what to do. Honestly, it’s pretty simple; I usually just follow what makes sense. But “what makes sense” is a very relative thing to different people. I haven’t met anyone on my journey that I had an identical agreement as to “what makes sense” in a given situations. I’m a thinker and I probably over think a lot of things, but I also know how to get out the muck of over thinking and get the job done. That’s one of the great things about being in this business is that I can do things my way for the most part.

So it was a great evening and I think I was able to share a few alternative viewpoints as to how this entertainment thing can be tackled.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

2 comments:

Emory Rundle said...

Glad you had a great evening.
I watched your commercial reel and you did a really good job on it. I really liked the golf course one.

Stephon Fuller said...

Thanks Emory!