Monday, September 15, 2008

Shooting: “Do Not Disturb” @ Fox Studios. The look on my friends face was priceless when she saw me at rehearsal this morning. I was going to call her over the weekend and tell her I got the part, but I figured I’d wait and surprise her on-set. I’m talking about the friend that I worked with on “Dollhouse” recently. Actually, she was sorta my stand-in even though she didn’t end up needed to actually “Stand-in” because we were pretty much finished as soon as we started. She’s a regular stand-in on “Do Not Disturb” and she put the energy out in the universe that I would be working on the show in the very near future. I think she is magic!

Even funnier is that on Friday, shortly after I auditioned for the role, but before I received a call that I was the choice; she was reading the role for the producer’s run-through. Weird, huh? Even more weird is how I have an attractive, blonde woman standing in for me in the first place AND she’s way curvier than I…way more.

I wish I could promote myself the way she promotes me. Every time I’m on set with her she sells me as this person that’s really, really on the move. I have to learn to just “go with it” and “be that guy”. It’s hard because I feel so silly being promoted like that as I’m naturally pretty low-key. Oh well, I’m trying to embrace that part of the business and be more willing to “get out there” and “work it”. I’ve always been terrible at the networking and schmoozing part of the biz, but I’m trying to get better in that department.

It’s been 3 years since I’ve worked on a multi-camera show; so I’m definitely looking forward to the live audience dealio. So after checking in I was shown to my dressing room; which was an interesting experience…I’ll leave it at that. The director, Bob Koherr, treated the cast & crew to a trip to a coffee catering canteen truck. Since I don’t drink and have never had a cup of coffee in my life I opted for a Strawberry/Banana Extreme smoothie and it was the best Strawberry/Banana smoothie ever! Thanks Bob!

After a while I was introduced to regulars Niecy Nash, Jerry O’Connell, Jessie Tyler Ferguson and Jolene Purdy – all very nice, funny people. We rehearsed/camera blocked and I went to wardrobe and that was it – I was wrapped for the day. I have to say that I felt like a grown-a** man in the suit they chose for me. Maybe the clothes DO make the man… Tomorrow is shoot day.

A couple of hours later I got word that I have a callback for that “Cheetos” commercial I auditioned for last week. I had a strong feeling this would happen and I really hope that it all works out and I can get released long enough to make it to the callback. I kept all of my agents abreast of my availability so we’ll see what happens.

Oh yeah, I was told that I would have a different dressing room tomorrow for the long shoot day. That is a good thing.

http://www.stephonfuller.com/consultations.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hRX79E75yA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMXinr1N9w

No comments: