Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays! I hope everybody had or is having a great holiday season. I worked last night; of course it was pretty slow in the restaurant. I think I get more tired when it’s slow than when it’s busy because I was completely exhausted today. I just didn’t feel like getting out of bed…so I didn’t; until my younger brother called and we discussed things we plan to do in the near and distant future.

That conversation gave me a serious boost of energy and I decided to get out of bed and go skiing at Mountain High, the closet ski resort. They have night skiing so I figured I’d go get a few hours in on the slopes. I think I underestimated how cold it was going to be; I was freezing! But it was a blast at the same time. Until I finished and was packing up! It had started snowing pretty heavily; at least for me. I must admit that I was a nervous wreck driving down the mountain in my little Honda. I refused to be a statistic and get into a fender bender…or worse. THAT was NOT how my quiet and potential depressing Christmas was going to end up. I saw cars on the way down the hill that didn’t have such great luck in getting out of there without running into something, but fortunately, I made it unscathed.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: