Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Audition: “AT&T” @ Dan Bell Casting. This audition was an interesting look into the casting process. All of the actors in for this were Black. But the casting director explained to us that, originally, this particular spot was slated to be cast with Caucasian actors. So that means there are probably an entire group of White guys/gals wondering why they didn’t get a callback because “it went great!” This is a classic example of “Ya never know”. Anyway, I think it went really well and I hope I get to the next round of the casting process.

Several years ago I had an “incident” with a crazy-a** actress in a workshop. I hadn’t seen her for years and made sure I steered clear of her unstable personality. Here is a revisit of what took place: Part I - Crazy lady. Part II - Crazier lady!

Audition: “Liberty Mutual” @ Laray Mayfield Casting. This one also went very well. Callbacks, bookings – bring it on!

I have a feeling that things are going to get much busier before they slow down. I have a lot on my plate these days and hopefully I can figure things out.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

2 comments:

Kristen Sullivan said...

Wow! I just read the stories about the crazy lady. That IS crazy! I'm really surprised that the cd didn't say anything. Don't you think he was in a perfect position to tell her that that's not appropriate in this type of situation. It would've been fun to watch how she handled constructive criticism from him.

Stephon Fuller said...

Hey Kristen, ya know, I think the CD might have thought the slap/assault was rehearsed and agreed upon. And you're right it would've been fun to see how she would've handled it...he might've had to run. This chick is off-balanced I'm telling ya!

Or maybe he was the smart one to not say anything for fear of his own safety, LOL!

Stephon