Friday, March 25, 2011

Check this out. March 25th 2001...exactly 10 years ago today, I took a 60-day leave of absence from the same job that I currently work at overnight in the restaurant. That lead to over 7 years of totally making my living as a performer and I have to say that it felt great to look at my tax returns back then knowing that every penny was earned as an actor.

I’ve been back at the restaurant for almost 3 years. Wow. I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to keep up the pace I’m moving at, but I’m making it work for now. I think I’m doing the right thing. No, my life isn’t perfect, but I’m trying to make things better.

I have to say that one of the greatest things that has come out of being at the restaurant this second time around is that I’m looked at as someone that is pretty good in the area of personal finance. What do I think about that? Well, I’m certainly NOT a professional, but I AM certainly an expert on how I, myself, completely turned my situation around and became totally debt-free in just 15 months. I’ve been on a mission to convince my fellow employees and most anyone else I encounter to do the same…and I have to say that it’s working.

Some have taken baby steps, others bigger steps and yet other haven’t done anything…yet. The key is that they are at least hearing it and maybe sometime in the future they will act on it. It’s a way of giving back for me.

Again, I don’t know how long this tour of a survival gig will last, but I will at least be able to look back and say that I learned a lot.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: