Saturday, March 19, 2011

Finally it’s here! Today is the day I’m scheduled to get my taxes done. I’m hoping for great news in the form of a relatively large return. I’m also very excited to see how, or if, some of my investment choices help to lower my taxes.

The main reason I’m hoping for great news today is that I plan for my tax refund, if I get one, to play a part in the dental procedures that I have planned for the near future. I’m trying my hardest to NOT go into any accounts that I’ve deemed OFF LIMITS to myself. It’s so hard to stay true that because I’m so eager to get this over with, but…I have to be patient. I think…no promises that I won’t do what I hope I won’t do…jus saying’.

45 minutes later...

Uh, I’m a bit speechless. Yeah, my reward for having a better year in 2010 than 2009 is that I get to pay more in taxes. I actually owe the broke-ass state of California a few bucks. For the federal I will get a refund; much less than I’d hoped, but a refund nonetheless. I am not a happy, but I’ve gotta figure out exactly how I’m going to get this dental stuff completed.

I’d hoped, by now, that the DEGREE commercial would be running and I’d be receiving payments, but that, obviously, isn’t the case. I can’t seem to just book a commercial and have it run these days to save my life. I don’t know what the deal is with commercials and me in recent years. Maybe I just got spoiled with all but the last 5-6 bookings. It seems that no matter what I book, it just….ya know what? Forget it. I’m just irritated right now. I’ve gotta go deep and figure this out…and I WILL get it figured out. I’m going to stop venting and put my thoughts to a much more constructive use.

The good stuff; and there is good stuff. The major thing is that the funds I contributed to my 401(k) at the restaurant made a huge difference in the IRS refund that I’m due. Without those contributions I definitely would have owed the IRS a substantial sum… I don’t even want to think about that.

I’ve been trying, without too much success lately, to find exactly when, or if, the DEGREE commercial will start running. I hate having to do that, but I’m trying to plan something and this commercial is a part of it. So I apologize to the universe…and the people I’m contacting. I’m going to go back to my original contact at the advertising agency, the guy who put me in touch with one of the producers.

Wow! – CUT TO: 6 hours later…

That original contact at the ad agency already emailed me back! He cc’d the business manager for the account and said she might be able to help. So hopefully, I’ll know something on Monday. I’ll get a handle on this.

http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: