Friday, January 06, 2012


Audition: “Mercedes-Benz” @ Petite - a casting company.  This was funny.  I was in the lobby waiting to get seen for the audition and the gentleman sitting next to me said, “Now, I remember where I know you from”.  I smiled, but didn’t think I had met him before.  He explained that years ago he was the assistant to Robert Wuhl; Mr. Wuhl was the star/creator of the HBO Comedy Arli$$.  I worked on the show February 6th 2001.  He was watching a tape of my audition with Robert and Robert asked, “What do you think of this guy?”  Since I had dreadlocks at the time and so did the guy he responded, “He’s cool!”  I booked the job!  We got a laugh out of that.  You never really know what goes in to getting a gig...or not.  Anyway, the interview style audition went well.
I had another interesting thing happen the other night at work.  I guy that I shot a commercial with 5-6 years ago came into the restaurant.  As we were chatting about this and that he told me that we were both very close to booking the roles we auditioned for in AVATAR.  What?  Yeah, he said they kept going back and forth and somehow he knew I was the other guy.  He said the role was going to New Zealand for like 2 weeks...  He wasn’t booked either.  He thinks they cast it locally.  Ouch!  OUCH!  Anyway...



http://www.stephonfuller.com 

No comments: