Wednesday, July 11, 2012


I arrived home, late last night, and have been in the car all day with my brother Todd, niece Sophia and her mom.  Todd and I are taking them to Dulles airport in Northern, VA so they can travel to Lithuania (where mom is from) to visit and so that Sophia can meet her family for the first time.   

It was a long day, but a great trip even if just to look out of the window of the car at a different, East Coast landscape.  We even ran into a little bit of “Hollywood” at the airport.  My brother spotted Tommy “Tiny” Lister aka “Deebo” from “Friday” walking towards us with his driver.  Todd remembered that I’d been a reader for him years ago for a potential film project.  His driver sprinted off to get the car so he wouldn’t have to walk in the heat and humidity.  I walked up to Mr. Lister and, of course, he had no recollection of when we’d met, but we chatted and my brother and I took a photo with him.  He asked me what I was doing there in VA.  I told him I was “still in LA”, but just home on vacation. 

As I was walking away he called after me and asked, “What’s a reader?”  I explained to him that I was the person that he read the scenes with for the casting director.  Funny!


Me and Tommy "Tiny" Lister at Dulles Airport 


While waiting for his driver to bring the car he walked over to us and sat on the bumper of the open trunk of our car and chatted with us.  We asked him about the rumors of a new Friday film being produced and he said Ice Cube had turned in a script, most everyone seemed to be on board and it looks like it might actually happen.  It was a pretty cool experience.



http://www.stephonfuller.com

No comments: